- Emergence of end to end Automation across software lifecycle leveraging Natural language processing
- Refactored and containerized test execution cycle thru machine learning
- Auto discover, selfheal, autonomous and analytics driven testing to reduce testing cycle
STARWEST 2016 - Industry Technical Presentations
Get solutions to your top testing & QA challenges by attending the Industry Technical Presentations (ITPs). Offered alongside the concurrent sessions in 1-hour time slots, these presentations give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how solution providers have implemented their products and services in the real world. These solution providers are often on the leading edge of new technologies, tools, and practices and offer conference attendees a window into their future.
Industry Technical Presentations with full descriptions will be added to the conference site about 3-4 weeks before the live event.
In the meantime, join our mailing list and be the first to receive updates on the ITPs and other conference program updates.
Wednesday, October 5
- Why should every company be load testing
- How stress tests concurrency tests & disaster recovery tests will keep visitors returning to your site
- What load curves look like & how to evaluate them, as well as when to load test
• Test lifecycle automation and business assurance, including; automated test design, test data provisioning, test execution, test verification and validation.
• Evolving test capabilities to achieve greater levels of agility and efficiency
• Practical approaches to next generation testing objectives
- Running tests multiple times a day can create a productivity nightmare, with repetitive analysis leading to false negatives, configuration issues and a lack of actionable insights.
- How do you deal with the deluge of data that Test Automation creates … test results, screen shots and server logs, to name just a few?!I
- Learn how to use big data, streaming analytics and visualization the right way to tame automation analytics, maximizing optimization and minimizing testing time.
- Continuous Testing is a Must
- The Future of Automation
- Manual Testers Will Become Automation Expert
- Get a technical account of how Alaska Airlines leverages service virtualization to address common testing challenges
- Explore the ABCs of Service Virtualization: Access, Behavior, Cost, and Speed
- Learn how to leverage service virtualization with Docker and the cloud (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Understand how technologies like service virtualization, automated API testing, and test environment management enable DevOps and Continuous Testing
Use lifecycle virtualization technologies to:
o Keep pace with developers
o Deliver on time-to-market pressures while achieving quality
o Achieve quick and measurable ROI
- Accelerate continuous delivery with automated test case and real-world test data creation and maintenance
- Why and how the typical testing cycle must break status-quo and get Agile now
- How to use Selenium for automatic maintenance of automated test scripts at a keyword level
The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC) successfully expanded testing coverage through hybrid automation. In partnership with Infosys, KHC developed an end-to-end QA automation framework that was scalable and elastic enough to conduct business process testing across SAP and surrounding/interfacing, 30+ non-SAP applications covering multiple technologies, ensuring zero-defect delivery for many flagship projects and big cost savings. Regression automation was up from 0% to 85% (2000+ scripts automated) and defect leakage in production was cut from 40% to 5%.
Thursday, October 6
- Having an optimized test lab that covers the right digital platforms
- Using robust test automation that relies on both visual object analysis and native objects identification
- Using precise test reports for all digital platforms so that RWD apps can be continuously maintained throughout market changes
- Having the right lab and tools that allow for efficient automation, cross-team collaboration and the ability to scale
- Overview of the eggPlant Performance toolset
- Performance testing web content: capturing end-to-end response times as well as HTTP-level statistics
- Server monitoring and results analysis
Join the session by TCS to gain insights on:
• Digital storm and its implications on QA and Testing
• Changing role of QA with the evolution of DevOps, CI/CD, Shift Left and Agile methodologies
• Survival guide for a successful Digital Assurance Strategy
- Brief overview of the Sauce Labs platform and capabilities
- Demonstration of an entire test suite running at once in multiple browser/OS/device combinations
- Demonstration of test suite running through CI server as part of a pull-request build
- Testing on real devices vs. emulators. Learn more about each method and which is best for you
- Discover different ways to streamline cross-platform testing for continuous app delivery
- Learn how to optimize your manual and automated testing strategies for continuous quality delivery
This session will demonstrate:
• A structured, model-based approach to exhaustively testing individual APIs, while chaining these tests together to form more complex types of tests
• How API testing can be rigorous, proportional and realistic, generating accurate API tests based on empirically defined risk thresholds
• How dependency mapping can be used to update tests, data and environments consistently whenever one or more APIs in the chain changes
- Attendees will learn growing changes in Automation and Continuous Integration
- Audience will learn how Open Source tools can be used and how to integrate with your Software Development and Business Needs
- Session will demonstrate what new requirements are for Test Engineer skills within CI automation
Learn how to:
• Create a strategy to fully automate your build acceptance process
• Integrate test automation using real mobile devices with your current agile process
• Use your build acceptance automation project as a building block to extend automation throughout the agile process
- Why data is key to accelerating application projects
- The shortcomings of current solutions & how they impact software development
- Best practices in preparing, securing and delivering test data
- Maintain user experience quality across devices, browsers, and geographies
- Deliver snapshot performance testing with continuous integration
- Track mobile and web performance trends across builds
- Use production data for testing after identifying and masking sensitive information
- Generate test data where sufficient data does not exist
- Setting up predictable and repeatable test data as part of DevOps, to make running regression test suite a breeze
Accessibility testing has a reputation for driving up the costs of software quality due to reliance on manual testing and the difficulty of hiring or training qualified resources.
Over-reliance on manual testing is in-part due to misunderstandings about how to handle accessibility testing and in-part due to a lack of the best tools and methodologies.
Deque Systems has 17 years of accessibility experience. Dylan Barrell, Deque’s CTO, will give an overview of the relevant accessibility testing concerns, best practices and methodologies for effectively addressing these concerns...