- Everyone is still talking about shift left testing
- But, how's it going for your team?
- Learn how to really shift left and get results
STARWEST 2019 - Industry Technical Presentations
Get solutions to your top testing & QA challenges by attending the Industry Technical Presentations (ITPs). Offered alongside the concurrent sessions in 1-hour time slots, these presentations give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how solution providers have implemented their products and services in the real world. These solution providers are often on the leading edge of new technologies, tools, and practices and offer conference attendees a window into their future.
Industry Technical Presentations with full descriptions will be added to the conference site about 3-4 weeks before the live event.
In the meantime, join our mailing list and be the first to receive updates on the ITPs and other conference program updates.
Wednesday, October 2
- M2M and IoT Device Testing
- Trending Transition of M2M to IoT
- Challenges in testing various radio access technologies (RAT)
Automated testing of the UI is critical to ensure the high-quality customer experience required to maintain competitive advantage and Selenium is the framework of choice adopted by the industry. However, tests created with Selenium still suffer from the common UI testing challenges of maintainability, stability and long execution times due to their complex and brittle nature and inability to automatically adapt to any changes in the application. Join Mark Lambert, VP of Products at Parasoft, and Chris Colosimo, Product Manager at Parasoft, as they address the key challenges of UI test...
Quality Assurance & Testing plays a very critical role in achieving the desired business outcomes. This session focuses on the QA transformation journey and results achieved in a fast paced & high growth consumer facing organization. Robust Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) is established to provide different testing services to multiple business-lines with business value as the goal. Business functional testing, Test automation and Performance testing are in the scope of TCoE.
- The topic will explore building efficiencies in quality engineering through AI
- The team will also demo two solutions:
- COFTA: Cognitive Functional Test Automation: AI based solution that converts manual test cases to automation scripts
- CTeP: Cognitive Test Platform: AI based solution that consumes customer feedback from various social media and provides input...
• Learn how to decide which test scenarios to automate.
• Understand the criteria for a test to get included in the CI and continuous testing pipelines.
• Learn how to maintain tests and optimize your suite so it continues to bring value.
• Understanding the challenges of test maintenance
• How DevOps exacerbates these issues
• Mitigating these problems
- Moving beyond Manual Automation.
- Transforming Subject Matter Expert (BA/QA) Intent into Automated Action.
- Breaking through on Coverage, Velocity & Sustainability.
• Help digital transformation through continuous testing
• Tools that deliver continuous testing
• Continuous Testing Process
During the 2010's, we saw a fundamental change in the role of QA. The #1 objective of Testing and QA organizations worldwide is now to ensure end-user satisfaction, and not mere defect finding.
To that end, Design Thinking is a mindset that many world-class QA organizations are adopting to ensure their focus is on customer empathy in the design of innovative, best-of-breed products and solutions.
Join Michael Faulise of tap|QA and Anne Hungate of Daring Systems, a renowned expert in Quality Strategy and Design Thinking, for this important presentation.
- Overview of how to run your automated Selenium tests in the Sauce Labs cloud
- Decrease the amount of time it takes your suite to run by executing tests in parallel
- Ensure your apps work all of the time with functional testing on real devices
Thursday, October 3
- How to build a cost-effective QA strategy for Agile development
- The essential steps to get started with test automation and how to accelerate the process
- When to use automation vs. manual testing and how to find the right balance
- Agile best practices and pitfalls to avoid
- Understanding the role of AI in the QA community
- Test maintenance best practices
- Reporting on test maintenance tool effectiveness
What does this mean for software testers? Join this session to explore questions and concerns such as:
- How RPA and software test automation compare from a technical perspective
- The latest indicators on where the two markets are headed
- The risks, rewards, and challenges of extending from STA to RPA
Discussion of the myths surrounding AI testing
How AI testing impacts technology teams
The business impact of AI testing
- Key pain points of end-to-end test automation and the modern technologies that have eliminated those pains
- The unique benefits of end-to-end test automation
- Tips to bring home for getting started with end-to-end test automation
• Effective strategies for implementing automation
• Architecting a sustainable solution
• Integrating into Continuous Testing
Artem is going to talk about what is Autonomous testing:
- Classes of autonomous testing
- Talk about which one is applicable when
- When it is not applicable
- Learn about the benefits of a mobile device cloud
- Find out if it is better to buy or build a mobile device cloud
- Examine the five questions you should ask when deciding whether to buy or build
- In this session, you will learn the basics about digital accessibility and its governing guidelines
- How you can automate accessibility into your software development lifecycle
- How agile practices and accessibility can go hand in hand
- Discuss how to successfully implement a strategy for testing both the UIand API sides of your application.
- Learn how you can reuse work you’ve already completed, effectively test the critical components of your application, and save time, money, and effort.
- Walk away with an end-to-end testing strategy for success and best practices for maximizing test coverage to share with their team.
- Learn to align test activities with project management phases such as planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closure
- Configure flexible tools like Confluence, synapseRT, and Jenkins for your project, improve collaboration and create a knowledge base
- Key takeaways include adopting a model-driven approach, utilizing the right tools & techniques, setting up the infrastructure for improved test performance, managing test artifacts for streamlining test efforts, and selective and judicious automation for improved efficiencies and scaling operations...
- Traditional test Automation challenges
- Machine learning advantages and limitations
- Natural Language and testing intent