Tips to Convince Your Boss
Ready to attend EPIC Experience, but wondering how to convince your boss? We have some tips to help you get the approval to attend and return with tangible action items your boss will appreciate. Or you may be like this group from Cook Medical and get instant approval (thanks, Rhonda)!
Get Started: Build a Case for Your Attendance
- Now Is the Perfect Time to Register: Make sure your boss is aware that the earlier you register, the bigger the savings! Take advantage of those Early Bird discounts and don't forget that you can combine savings when you bring a group of 3+ (up to an additional 20% off Early Bird rates!)
- Get Informed: Familiarize yourself with the conference schedule and speakers before you discuss the conference with your boss. Determine which learning sessions best align or contribute to you and or your organization’s short-term and long-term goals and objectives. EPIC Experience provides over 100 learning opportunities, each covering a wide range of agile testing topics, so you can choose which content is right for you and your organization to build a customized week of learning.
- Draft Your Request: Open and customize this justification letter based on the goals, objectives, and interests you’ve defined.
- Use Social Proof: gather feedback from our hashtag #EpicExp or another @TechWell Event and share it with your manager!
- Look Which Other Companies Are Attending: TechWell Events like EPIC Experience attract a wide variety of attendees and exhibitors from around the world. Just take a look at the top solution providers already signed up. To see the full list and tools/services that will be shared at the conference, click here.
During the Conference: Make the Most of Your Conference Experience
- Take Notes: Be sure to jot down at least three key takeaways at each session and identify actionable items with an asterisk for easy reference later.
- Share the Knowledge: Post insightful observations and takeaways about the sessions you attend on your favorite social media channels while you are attending the event. You'll gain new followers, grow your network, and your colleagues will see what you're learning in real-time. The official Twitter conference hashtag is #EPICEXP
- Work It: Take advantage of the conference networking and solutions opportunities to exchange thoughts with like-minded industry peers and mentors. Reach out to fellow attendees through the conference mobile app to meet at the events throughout the week and broaden potential discussions.
After the Conference: Create a Report and Share What You Learned
- Review the Goods: Download the conference proceedings to recap the learning sessions you attended as well as any you might have missed. Most conference keynote, tutorial, and concurrent session slides will be available post-conference for alumni on members.techwell.com which will make it easier to share information with your team when you are back at the office.
- Prepare Your Report: Review your takeaways, actionable items, and social media posts with this conference summary report template to create a report detailing what you learned.