- Integrate testing into your software development process
- Establish a realistic test approach and strategy
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in reviews
- Plan, estimate, and schedule the testing effort
- Dynamically monitor, manage, and report testing activities
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in defect management
- Plan and implement test automation
- Measure test effectiveness and project progress
- Evaluate and improve your test process
- Develop new skills to lead your test team
The ISTQB® Advanced Tester Certification—Test Manager training course expands on the test techniques and methods introduced in the ISTQB Foundation certification course and addresses those areas of the ISTQB advanced syllabus specifically related to the Advanced Test Management certification.
The course focuses on the key areas that are vital for successful test management: the foundations of software testing, test management, standards and test improvement processes, and people skills.
Specific topics covered include testing as part of the software development lifecycle, metrics, test documentation, risk analysis, estimation, test management issues, test automation, process improvement models, individual skills for testers and managers, team dynamics, leadership, and motivation.
This course is filled with hands-on exercises to help you practice the methods and techniques taught in the course. This course covers the syllabus for the Advanced Test Management certification and will help you prepare for the exam.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who have taken the ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level training and wish to expand their knowledge and skills into more advanced areas
- Individuals who have received the ISTQB Foundation Level certification, have met the criteria for taking the advanced certification exams, and wish to prepare for those exams. For more information regarding the criteria for taking the advanced examinations, go to www.ASTQB.org.
- Anyone wishing to learn more about advanced testing topics
Pre-Qualification for the Advanced Certification Exam
In order to be eligible to take any of the Certified Tester—Advanced Level (CTAL) exams, potential examinees must:
- Submit proof of Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) certification,
- Submit a resume and/or employer verification of 3 years experience, and
- Establish an account in the ASTQB WebAssessor.
CTAL exams are not given at the end of class. After pre-qualification is completed, students receive an ASTQB exam voucher good for one year to use at an exam center of their choice. To learn more about Advanced Tester Certification, or to schedule a personal certification planning consultation with one of our Training Advocates, contact our Client Support team.
The ASTQB (American Software Testing Qualifications Board) is currently offering free retakes of an ISTQB Advanced Level exam for professionals who meet certain criteria. To learn more about this offer, visit ASTQB.org.
PMI and the Registered Education Provider logos are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.